Please enable JavaScript to access this page.

Episode 21 (Fiction)


(The following morning Zoe's funeral had been arranged, Everyone had gathered flowers and stood on the beach to say their final  goodbyes to the new friend they'd now lost...Bray had decided that his sister should have the same burial as his brother ... burial at sea... 
As the gang set the boat onto the water, Amber handed Bray a lit torch.. Lex wasn't speaking, so Bray started a speech before setting the boat on fire and pushing it out to sea)
Amber: (Turns to face Bray) .. To the mall?
Bray: No, I think, I'll stay a while...
Amber: You sure?
Bray: I want to stay... have a think about things
(Amber smiles sympathetically, then rejoins the others and heads back to the mall)

 (Bray sits alone on the sand, looking up at the sunny sky... questions spin in his mind)
'Why did this happen again? The last of my family,  gone. (Tears roll down his cheeks and Bray surprised even himself with his next thought) ..Maybe this is what Ebony deals with everyday? - (He thought to himself)

(Sitting in silence for a moment... he gradually regains his strength)
Nobody said it'd be easy, But life goe's on,  (he stands up and brushes the sand from his clothes, turning to leave he manages a half smile) , Bye Zoe '
-----------------------------------------------------------

 (Meanwhile back at the mall  Lex headed to his room, he'd warned the others not to disturb him.. he just really wanted to be alone right now., whilst the others sat glumly in the cafe, Lottie stood up and left the cafe,she ran to her room and layed on the bed, she was joined by Ruby who sat on the bed beside her)


Ruby: You mustn't blame yourself
Lottie: Lex and Bray will..
Ruby: No they won't, but Lottie, why did you start the fire.... HOW did you start the fire even?
Lottie: (Burying her head into the pillow) .. I don't wanna talk about it, just leave me alone...
Ruby: Let this be a lesson to you, You NEVER play with fire! ....  And just remember... curiosity killed the cat, next time it could be you..
  (Ruby left Lottie and re-joined the gang in the cafe)
Ruby: Still no appearance from Lex?
Slade: He wants to be alone.. His orders
Ruby: Poor guy.. (pauses) .. This'll be the fourth time, right?
Amber: (Nods)  He's lost more than most of us
Ruby: It can't be easy..
Trudy: (Standing up).. I should go see him, he could do with a friend
Ebony: He could do with being left alone, he said so himself
Trudy: Yeah well, I don't care what he say's.. I won't let him go through this on his own, no matter what you think of Lex, he's always been there for us when we needed him to be, playing the hero, saving us and what not... maybe it's about time one of us returned the favour, whether he likes it or not.
(Trudy leaves the cafe & heads for Lex's room)
Amber: Funnily enough, she's got a point,
Ebony: Oh please, it's Lex, sure, he's been there for us when we needed saving, but ONLY because he love's a fight.. but emotional stuff? Give me a break
May: I wish you'd give your mouth one
Ebony: What?
May: I'm sick of listening to you, that's what!
Ebony: (Standing up).. You'd better watch your mouth!
Slade: (Grabbing a gentle hold of Ebony's wrist).. Not now Ebony, this isn't the time
-----------------------------------------------------------

 (In his room, Lex had finished boxing up the last of Zoe's belongings, he looks up to see Trudy stood there looking down at him sympathetically)
 Lex: What do you want?
Trudy: I came to see if you're okay
Lex: Do I look okay? ..(he snapped)
Trudy: No, I guess not. I'm sorry, stupid question.. (pauses).. You loved her didn't you?
Lex: (Shaking his head, he speaks softly) .. No .. We weren't together long enough, but I didn't get the chance to find out if I ever would
Trudy: But you seem so down
Lex: I cared for her Trudy, she didn't deserve this ya know?
Trudy: (Sitting on the bedroom floor beside him) .. I know .. And I know what you're going through... (pauses) It seems we both lose everyone we care about
Lex: But the one's you care about aren't dead Trudy, and who knows since Jay's single again...
Trudy: (Interrupting).. I would NEVER give Jay another chance... he betrayed me.. and with my best friend.. I won't let him do that to me again.. Ever
Lex: Look Trudy, no offence but... please just go.. I want to be alone
Trudy: (Standing up) .. Sure, .. (she smiles and walks to the door) .. If you need anything, you know where to find me..
 (Lex smiles and nods and Trudy leaves his bedroom just as Gel enters)
Gel: Lex are you okay?
Lex: Get lost Gel
Gel: I just wanted to see if ....
Lex: (Interrupting her) .. What part of 'Get Lost' didn't you understand? .. (He snapped)
(Gel leaves feeliing upset at how cold Lex had been with her)
----------------------------------------------------------
(Bray arrives back at the mall and joins the others in the cafe)
Amber: (Standing up, she puts her arms around her man) .. How are you feeling?
Salene: Bray are you okay?
Bray: I'm fine, I just needed to clear my head that's all.
Ruby: Lottie's scared to leave her room, she thinks you and Lex will blame her
Ved: Yeah, she should be scared, 
Trudy: Ved this is not the time
Jay: (Grabbing hold of Ved) .. I think she's learnt her lesson, her carelessness killed someone... Don't you think the pain of knowing that little fact is torture enough?
Ved: Whatever..
(Ved leaves the cafe in a bad mood)
Ebony: Why's he care so much?
Bray: Zoe and Ved got pretty close back in the woods.. Sure they argued and disagreed a lot, but they looked out for each other... the three of us did.. after all, we had no one else.
Amber: Ram, Ved told me something.. rememeber the other day at the beach?
Ram: Yeah, so?
Amber: So... I think you know what happened to Cloe
Ram: Cloe's gone Amber, you know that.. My computers from the hotel, they blew up with the hotel, she was on the main drive... in the trash
Salene: In the trash? You threw her away like some peice of rubbish?
Ram: I had my reasons.. she was interferring with progress.. Ved was hardly focused with her around...besides that only means she'd been deported somewhere and with the files being lost, I don't know where to find her.. or If she even survived in the work camp she'd been taken to..
Amber: This is sickening to hear.. but don't tell me you never back up your files? ... A computer genuis like you? .. (Sarcasm spread over her words)
Ram: There might be a way to locate her.. but..
Amber: No but's, you'd better pray there had...  because you can help us find the rest of our friends whilst you're at it...
(Slamming her cup on the table Amber paces around the cafe,  blocking out everyones words in her mind....  Ram looks around from face to face)
Ram: What? She think's it'd be as simple as that? .. (he sighs and turns to Slade for support)
Slade: Your refusal to help, doesn't look too good Ram, and in a certain light, I agree with her.
Ram: I wasn't refusing, I just.... It's not going to be no walk in the park Slade.. this sort of thing takes time.
--------------------------------------------------------------


(That evening as everyone finished their late supper, Lex layed in bed sleeping, he hadn't eaten anything all day and just wanted to rest, as he tossed and turned in his bed.. Tai-san was the centre of his dreams, as he dreamt of flashback memories of himself and Tai-san together)


***Flashback caught in Dream***

~"Tai-san: You and I mean pain for Alice
~Lex: Get Real Tai-san
~Tai-san: I feel like I'm falling Lex, and I don't know where the bottom is, but I want to find out
~Lex: Is that it?
~Tai-san: No..... True Love"

***Flashback of the kiss***


***Flashback of when he found Tai-san again***
~"Tai-san: Seem's things have changed whilst I've been gone
~Lex: No... I haven't changed.... Have you?
~Tai-san: No.. I'm still the same.... Just you wait and see"

***Flashback Ends on the couple smiling at each other***


(As the flashback ended, Lex seemed to whisper in his sleep! )
Lex: "I love you Tai-san", " I always will" .... 
Voice: I love you too Lex
(This woke Lex with a start, heart pounding he makes his way to the cafe)
Ebony: Lex?
Amber: Lex, what is it?
Lex: (Clearly in shock) ..I don't know.. it's crazy..
Trudy: You look like you've seen a ghost and your sweating...
Lex: (Mumbling his words out quickly).. Not a ghost... Tai-san.... I swear I heard her voice, I must of been dreaming about her, saying I loved her or something.. but the strangest thing is... She said it right back and it was so weird, I could almost feel her there,  in or around my room .. but when I woke up, she wasn't there... But I swear it was so real..
Amber: Lex?
Lex: (Interrupting) .. The cruellest dream yet.. (he slumps down into one of the empty chairs)
Voice: It wasn't a dream
(Lex frowned... he recognised that voice... he turned quickley)
Lex: (standing up).. Tai-san?  
(Lex pulls Tai-san into his arms as the couple share an intimate moment, the others smiled in awe at the happily reuinited pair)
Lex: I've missed you so much, Tai-san..
Tai-san: (Kissing his cheek) .. I've missed you too Lex
Lex: (Looking round at the others) .. Tell me I'm not dreaming this
Amber: Your not dreaming Lex
Lex: Tai-san, I thought you were dead! ... I just can't believe it you're back.. (he said taking her hands in his)
Tai-san: (looking deep into Lex's eyes) .. Well, You know what they say? .. TRUE LOVE NEVER DIES.. (she replied smiling)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-End Of Episode 21-

No comments:

Post a Comment