Please enable JavaScript to access this page.

The Tribe - Season 6 - Episode 19 ... (Fiction)


(The following morning the gang gathered in the cafe to discuss duties for that day over breakfast, The decision was made that, Gel, Trudy & Ruby stay at the mall cleaning & minding the kids & Lottie... Daryl, May & Salene were on farm duty collecting vegetables.. Slade, Ebony, Bray & Jay to clear up the remains of the hotel... and..  Amber, Ved & Ram to collect fish)

ZOE: What about me & Lex?
AMBER: It's your day off.. What you choose to do is up to you
LEX: I'd rather be doing something
ZOE: That can be arranged.. (she smiles taking his hand)
(The gang exchange glances & sniggers)
AMBER: Lex, you're doing enough already
LEX: What do you mean?
AMBER:  Being sheriff ! ... It's a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week job. You should really take a break
BRAY: We're going to need you focused every other day, I mean we all know the city & how unpredictable the people in it can be, we need you sharp..
LEX: When it comes to sheriff, I take it seriously and  I'm alway's alert..
AMBER: We know that and you do a fantastic job of it .. but we're just being cautious.... You're the best man for the job when it comes to protecting us all.... we don't know what lies ahead, but whilst things are settled down you should really relax whilst you can.. Beside's you'll need your energy for tonight
TRUDY: Tonight?
AMBER: Yes, we ALL will ..
JAY: Are we missing something?
AMBER: Actually yes, it was supposed to be a surprise
EBONY: What's going on?
AMBER: I've arranged with some of the other tribe leaders a party at the old factory on north street
LEX: When was this planned?
AMBER: Last night ... (pauses)...  most of the other tribes will be there.. and some of them are prepping now, Ready for this evening..
SLADE: What are we celebrating?
AMBER: It's not so much a celebration... More of an attempt to get all the tribes to pull together again.. There's so much that needs doing to this city, things that EVERYONE could benefit from... and whilst there's no interruptions from unwelcomed guests I thought what better time to...
LEX: (Interrupting Amber) .. You can't just make a decision like that, Not without a meeting, or consulting us first
AMBER: Lex it's a great oppertunity
LEX: Hey hold on, there used to be three leaders here and who are you to speak for the whole group anyway?
AMBER: Which reminds me, I need a word with you in private
LEX: Why can't you share it with the others?
(Amber glance's over at Bray, and Bray nods his approval)
AMBER: Well Bray & I have been thinking...
EBONY: That's a novelty..
AMBER: Ebony shut up, this is important,  we decided that you should be leader again Lex, well the three of us together.. Equal say, fair decisions.... You up for it? ... We could really do with the extra support
LEX: Sure, why not?...
...................................................................................

(After breakfast the gang head out to their assigned locations to do their jobs...  Gel on the other hand had decided to follow Lex to his room... tip-toeing quietly behind him, she pops her head around the corner & just stands watching him for a while.. Was this a good time to ask she wondered?)
....................................................................................

(Meanwhile at the beach Amber, Ved & Ram try their luck at catching fish)

RAM: I thought you said this was easy?
AMBER: It is ... Once you get the hang of it .. (she smiles & throws the wooden,  'spear ended' stick into the water again)
RAM: Peice of cake right?
AMBER: (Smiles) .. Something like that...
(Ram looks over at Ved sat on the rocks looking glum & circling his finger in the sand)
RAM: What's the matter Ved? Sunny beach not your thing.. (he teases)
VED: Go to hell
(Amber senses Ved's misery... Concerned she throws down her stick & sit's with Ved leaving Ram to take over)
AMBER: Memories huh?
VED: Something like that.. (sighs) .. What would you know?
AMBER: I'm a mother, and being part of a tribe with some younger than myself, I've learnt to read the signs when somethings wrong... You wanna talk about it?
VED: No.. just leave it
AMBER: It's Cloe isn't it?
VED: I said drop it! .. (he snaps)
AMBER: (Smiles).. Look Ved, I know how you're feeling! We've all been there before... we've all lost someone
VED: You don't understand.. This was our place! The last time I came to the beach just staring into the distance was with Cloe.. Now I'm never going to see her again.
AMBER: You don't know that, We found you & Bray again didn't we? ... who know's ..Cloe could be out there too.... (Pauses).. You really loved her didn't you?
VED: (Nods).. I guess .... I never really knew how important she was to me... till now
RAM: Yes!!! .. (he calls out holding up his spear) .. Will 6 do?
AMBER: (Laughs).. Well done Ram ..... (She turns her attention back to Ved) .. But what about Gel?
VED: I guess I wasn't all that interested in her ..... besides.. she likes someone else in the mall
........................................................................

(Meanwhile back at the mall Gel was still stood outside Lex's room, she watches as he grabs his long black leather jacket & start's to head in her direction)

ZOE: Where are you going?
LEX: To patrol the streets.... make sure no one's stirring up trouble
ZOE: But it's your day off, Relax .. (she walks behind him & massages his shoulder) .. Unwind..
LEX: Zoe, I'm going out .. (he replies sternly)
ZOE: Didn't you hear Bray?
LEX: (Interrupting he snaps) .. I've never been one to follow orders Zoe, least of all from that idiot brother of yours & his stupid girlfriend
(Lex leave's the room & Zoe slumps back onto her bed...... Outside the room Gel catches up with Lex)
GEL: Can we talk?
LEX: I'm kinda busy right now Gel
GEL: (Stops in her tracks & stamps her foot like a child) .. It's important..
LEX: (Turns to face Gel & give's her a suspicious look) .. Is it?
GEL: It is to me..
LEX: What? .. (he replies sighing)
GEL: Well, it's pretty embarrassing
LEX: Look Gel, Don't you think it'd be best talking to one of the girls about that sort of stuff?
GEL: (Frowns) .. It's not "THAT" .. it's Sex
LEX: Sex?
GEL: Yeah.. I've never... (pauses)... well, you know..
LEX: I know
GEL: And well, the first time is supposed to be special right? ... So I wondered if ....(pauses)... you'd be my first
LEX: (Shocked) .. You what?
GEL: No, not now.. I know you're with Zoe..  What I mean is.. If you're ever single and I feel the time is right.....would you be my first? .. I just want it to be really special & I don't want it to be with just 'anyone' .. and to be honest I don't think there's any other guy worth it.... You're the only one I want
LEX: Gel, You & I... we... well we just don't work.
GEL: I know that & I wish we could .. but in knowing you don't feel the same way, at least promise you'll do this for me? ... Please Lex? ..... Promise?
(Gel tries her best at puppy dog eyes)
LEX: ah, fine.. Sure.. whatever!
GEL: Promise?
LEX: I promise.. Now if you don't mind, I've got to be somewhere..

(Lex sighs & walks out ... watching him leave Gel smiles feeling pretty pleased with herself & happily skips off to help the others)




1 comment:

  1. I just came across your story and it's really good, I hope you continue on with it.

    ReplyDelete