Please enable JavaScript to access this page.

The Tribe - Season 6 - Episode 14 ... (Re-started - Fiction)

(That evening Bray was being rather childish, he'd decided to totally ignore Amber and had left Trudy to console her.. Lex was growing annoyed at seeing everyone looking so glum and he had an idea that he thought might cheer everyone up)

LEX: It's like a morgue in here
MAY: What do you expect, tensions are running PRETTY high right now
LEX: This is our last night at the cabin, we should be celebrating before we return to the city
SALENE: I agree with Lex, this place has put us up for the past few weeks.. we should at least hold a small party before our departure
EBONY: And what do we celebrate with?
SALENE: I'm not sure yet.. but we'll find something
(Salene looks around the room.. she notices that the others are bored and not really taking any notice of what she's trying to say)
SALENE: (raising her voice).. Hey come on.... the kids are in bed.. We SHOULD be enjoying ourselves
LEX: Slade, Bray come with me..
SLADE: To where Lex?
LEX: The boat, where else?
BRAY: (confused) .. Why?
LEX: There's a small stash of beer and wine, nothing says party like a bit of alcohol.. (he grins)
(The two guys reluctantly follow Lex out of the cabin and head for the boat, leaving Salene alone with the others to try and lift spirits)
RUBY: What about music?
RAM: It's not a party without music
(Amber feels a little better knowing that Bray isn't around to ignore her and she even starts to feel in the party spirit)
AMBER: Ebony can sing
EBONY: You can forget it
AMBER: Well does anyone else have any better ideas?
DARYL: Actually yeah.. there's a small boom box on the boat! ..
TRUDY: Let's just hope those guys have the sense to bring it back with them
GEL: It wouldn't work anyway.. we've got no CD's
DARYL: I have
MAY: How dumb can you get Gel?.. it's not the CD's that'd be the problem..
GEL: Excuse me? .. (she replies feeling offended)
MAY: If it won't work it'll be due to the fact that we have no power out here.. and even if we did.. there's no plug socket to plug it into..
DARYL: Oh it'll work.. it's battery operated
MAY: You know a lot
DARYL: You know me, I like to make myself familiar with my surroundings.. and every little thing in it.. (he winks at May)
(Jay notices Zoe giving him the evil eye from across the room and decides to try and make peace)
JAY: Zoe, isn't it?
ZOE: Oh what do you want
JAY: I'm not here to start a fight.... I just want to clear the air..
(Zoe stares at him in a way that uneases Jay)
JAY: Look we've all got to live together at the end of the day.. and I think we should all learn to put the past behind us.. don't you?
ZOE: I suppose.... (pauses).. So what is it you wanted to say to me?
JAY: It's about Bray..
ZOE: He HATES you..
JAY: Yeah I know
ZOE: Then what else is there to talk about?
JAY: Look I know he's your brother and your loyalties lie with him.. but don't feel like you and I have to avoid each other, I don't want to make enemies... besides I'm sure Bray will understand .. even if we talk
ZOE: I don't know
JAY: He doesn't own you... doe's he?
ZOE: No.. (she snaps).. But it's like you said.. my loyalties lie with my brother
(Zoe and Jay continue their conversation, meanwhile at the other end of the room Amber, Ruby & Ram seem to be having a chat amongst themselves before they're joined by Ved and Gel)
GEL: I think it's Lottie's bed time
AMBER: We're having a party Gel, she can stay up a while longer
VED: She's too young to enjoy it really
GEL: Yeah ... and while we're all enjoying ourselves, she'll only use it to her own advantage and steal AGAIN!
AMBER: What is there to steal?
GEL: Beer?.... (pauses)..  I don't know.. But she'll find something.. Pick pockets usually do..
RAM: If she was going to steal I think she'd aim for the stereo
RUBY: (joining in with Ram's joke).. Yeah, and like we wouldn't notice THAT.. (she laughs)
(The lads arrive back.. arms filled with beer and wine.. and of course the stereo... By now Jay and Zoe look rather cosy and Lex isn't too happy seeing them laughing together in the corner of the room and heads over to see what they're talking about)
ZOE: A mall? .. That sounds amazing.. Lex never told me he lived in a mall..
JAY: (putting his hand on Zoe's shoulder).. I could show you around
LEX: Hey, What are you doing?
JAY: It's not what it looks like Lex..
LEX: Really? .. And what does this look like?.. You're hitting on my girl
ZOE: No Lex
JAY: I'm not a home wrecker
LEX: Sure,......  remember Siva? .. All the times you were happy enough to cause a stir between us? ..
JAY: When? .. Give me ONE example
LEX: That's easy.. (impersonating Jay's voice). "Tell Siva thanks for the cake she baked for me, it was delicious" .. something along those lines... I warned you to keep away from her as well
JAY: Lex?
LEX: Shut your face.. Look I'm warning you buddy.. you stay away from my girl.. or you won't just have Bray to deal with.
(Lex walks away with his arm around Zoe, Jay is left standing alone in the corner of the room.. Was he really trying to hit on Zoe? .. Or was he innocent and just being friendly?)
_______________________________________________

-End Of Episode 14-

No comments:

Post a Comment