Please enable JavaScript to access this page.

The Tribe - Season 6 - Episode 8 ... (Fiction)

-Episode 8-

(That afternoon some of the gang were feeling pretty down about Jack and Ellie's departure.. whilst Lex had other things on his mind.. If he was to take lead as Bray had offered him the chance to do.. then he wasn't about to sit down moping over two friends who had by their OWN choice left to start a new life)

LEX: Come on guys.. They're gone.. We have bigger and more pressing matters to attend to..
MAY: Maybe this isn't the time
LEX: Look I don't know about you lot.. but I haven't got time for this.. If we run out of food, what are the kids going to do? .. What you expect them to starve?
BRAY: I'm with Lex
LEX: Hey.. I don't think I ever thanked you for giving me a role within the group.. So thanks pal .. (Lex said giving Bray a friendly pat on the back)
BRAY: Don't worry about it.. You're actually doing me a favour.. And sometimes you don't think it's worth the pressure.. but you have to carry on leading regardless.. it's a tough job.. and everyone needs a break once in a while
LEX: Well when it reaches that point for me.. You can take over again.. (he laughs)
AMBER: Okay.. who's coming?
LEX: I want... Bray, Amber, Ram, Ebony and Slade.. the rest of you can stay with the women and children
MAY: I wanna come
LEX: No way..
MAY: I'll be fine.. I survived on my own for a while after the virus
LEX: The decision has been made
MAY: Fine..whatever..  (she huffs)
GEL: Can I come? .. (she asks fluttering her eyelashes at Bray)
BRAY: No Gel.. This isn't a fashion show.. It could be dangerous .. (he replied.. looking at Gel as though she was crazy)
ZOE: What about me? ..I can look after myself
LEX: I know you can babe.. but we need some muscle here.. in case there's any trouble
BRAY: Ved comes with us
LEX: What? .. What do we need that little weakling for?
BRAY: He could be useful.. Besides.. he's the only one of us with a decent and powerful enough weapon incase we're out numbered
AMBER: Bray's right.. I'd feel a lot safer with Ved .. he has his wrist laser..
VED: Erm.. HAD a wrist laser
BRAY: Oh that's right.. Zoe.. Give Ved his wrist laser back
(Zoe reaches into her pocket and pulls out the wrist laser offering it back to Ved.. he reaches for it, but she withdraws her hand qucikley)
ZOE: But point it at Lex again.. and you're history .. (she warned handing him the zapper)
..........................................................................

(Outside the gang had ventured deep into the forest.. it looked quite spooky and it was very dark and extremely cold.. the weather had taken a turn for the worse compared to that of the morning.. And Ebony was certainly feeling it.. Either that or she just wanted a cuddle from Slade)

EBONY: Is it just me.. or can everyone else feel how freezing it is?
LEX: What's wrong Ebony? .. Getting scared?
EBONY: No Lex.. Quite the opposite.. I find risking my life thrilling! .. (she answered sarcastically)... But I'm still cold
(Slade put his arm around Ebony as they carried on walking)
LEX: I don't feel it? .. Are you REALLY that cold?
EBONY: No Lex.. I'm making it up.. It's an attempt to feel your embrace babe.. (she replied teasingly)
LEX: Whatever turns you on.. (he laughs.. going along with Ebony's joke)
(Bray, Amber , Ved, Slade and Ram crack up from hearing the joke shared between Lex and Ebony)
.....................................................................................

(Back at the cabin Daryl, was getting on EVERYONE's nerves talking about Zoot)

DARYL: You know.. I always thought.. what's the big deal with this Zoot guy anyway? ..
RUBY: You tell us Daryl.. You were the one who played along with the Techno's long enough.. dressed as Zoot
DARYL: Yeah.. but.. Power and Chaos.. Power and Chaos.. I mean didn't that guy have a wider vocabulary?
GEL: A what?
MAY: Forget it Gel.. You wouldn't understand it if we deciphered it for you anyway
GEL: What's that supposed to mean?
MAY: Basically you wouldn't get it.. even if we converted it into something more understandable for you
GEL: No.. I mean.. did you insult me?
MAY: That was the general idea.. duh.. (May replied bitchily)
(Daryl and Lottie giggled childishly)
GEL: I don't need brains.. Looking this good takes ALL my energy
MAY: Looking like what? .. The back end of a horse..
SALENE: Quit it.. the pair of you.. Your worse than the kids
MAY: Well that's what boredom does to ya sometimes
.......................................................................................

(Meanwhile deep in the forest, the gang had packed up all of what they could find.. Mostly berries and fruit.. but it'd do for the time being.. They didn't fancy staying out too long in case they got spotted and followed back to the cabin)

SLADE: We should head back
LEX: Has anyone seen Ved and Amber?
BRAY: They were just there.. (he says turning round and pointing.. but they'd gone).. Amber? .... Ved?
EBONY: Where are they?
VED: What's wrong? .. (Ved replied emerging from behind a thick tree)
RAM: Where have you been?
VED: Calm down.. you know when nature calls..
BRAY: Where's Amber?
VED: How should I know? .. She didn't follow me
AMBER: Let me go..
(Amber is now in sight being held around the waist and guarded around the neck by an evil looking stranger)
BRAY: Get off her.... (Bray warns.. speeding towards the guy holding Amber)
STRANGER: Stay back.. (he warned pulling out a knife).. Take one more step and the girl gets it
(Bray, Ved, Ram, Lex, Slade and Ebony.. stand back looking helpless as another two knife wielding weirdo's emerge from the bushes)
EBONY: What do you want from us?
STRANGER: Your all trespassing, and STEALING by the looks of it.. Give us the bag.. and come with us.. NOW .. (he orders)
RAM: I don't trust him.. (Ram whispers to Lex)
LEX: Your not alone there pal
STRANGER: The bag.. COME ON.. HURRY UP..
EBONY: What do we do?
BRAY: (Leaning in towards Ved).. Ved.. How accurate is your aim?
VED: What?
BRAY: Can you shoot that thing without shooting Amber? ..
VED: Oh that? .. I never miss my target.. (Ved replied confidently) 
(Bray knew it was risky.. but he had no other choice.. who knew what these creeps had planned)
BRAY: Do it..
VED: What setting?
RAM: Delete them
STRANGER: You're starting to annoy me
(Ved adjusts his wrist laser and takes aim)
BRAY: AMBER get down.. (he yells)
(Amber slid through the strangers grasp and fell to her feet and seemingly just in time as the red laser beam from Ved's zapper struck the stranger.. and he disappeared)
STRANGER #2: What have you done with our fr..
(Before he could finish.. Ved had deleted both of the other's along with the first guy.. Bray runs over to Amber and picks her up)
RAM: Great shot Ved
LEX: Yeah.. Nice hits.. (he replied impressed)
VED: It was nothing.. it's all in the aim
AMBER: (dusting herself down).. I can't believe what just happened
BRAY: Are you alright?
AMBER: I'm fine.. I just went down the little valley there.. (she says pointing).. to collect water and I was grabbed.. Who were those guys?
SLADE: I don't know.. but I'm just glad we didn't get chance to find out
AMBER: Where did they go?
RAM: They're trapped in virtual reality.. they can't get out
AMBER: Are they dead?
RAM: Amber, Amber, Amber.. Silly.. No.. Deleted doesn't mean they're dead.. Didn't Jay tell you?
AMBER: (feeling betrayed by Jay) ..No.. No he didn't..
RAM: "Deleted" has many meanings .. and death is NOT one of them.. It can mean.. Lost in the game..Memory Loss... Whereabouts unknown.. that kind of thing.. The only way to dispose of someone permenantley from "deletion" is to delete them on the game , send them to the recycle bin.. then empty it...
BRAY: But that wouldn't make it permenant .. Since you CAN revive lost and deleted files from the recycle bin through search
RAM: Do you always have to be so precise? .. I like to leave a little mystery to my tales.. (he jokes.. before errupting in laughter)
...................................................................................

(For the whole of the walk back to the cabin Ram's words replayed over and over in Amber's head.. "RAM: Didn't Jay Tell you? .. 'Deleted' had many meanings.. and death is NOT one of them"....... "RAM: Didn't Jay Tell you? .. 'Deleted' had many meanings.. and death is NOT one of them".... "RAM: Didn't Jay Tell you? .. 'Deleted' had many meanings.. and death is NOT one of them"... The words echoed in her mind.... Amber shook her head to get rid of the thought.. "He lied to me".. she thought.. a short scene replayed in her mind.. "AMBER: Deleted? .. Mind telling me what that means? .. JAY: It means he's dead.... AMBER: Are you sure? .. In the real world.. or the Virtual world?".. Jay's words rung over and over in her ears.. "JAY: It means he's dead" )
AMBER: The little... (she stopped herself from saying what she wanted to say next)
BRAY: What's that?
AMBER: Oh nothing.. Just thinking out loud
(As they reached the cabin.. Amber had only one thing on her mind.. she had to have it out with Jay.. She stormed in and headed straight to Jay's room)
LEX: What's gotten into her?
BRAY: I don't know.. (he replied confused)
AMBER: (Opening the door to Jay's bedroom).. I want a word with you.. (she say's slamming the door behind her)
(Curious as to why Amber was so angry, everyone else had gathered outside Jay's bedroom, their ears pressed to the door)
AMBER: (She didn't hesitate to spew her thoughts).. You LIED to me.. You told me deleted meant dead.. Was this just one of your games?.. Oh poor little Amber.. I have feelings for her.. I know she feels something for me.. Why don't I make it easy for her.. Let's lie and twist the truth about the meaning of deleted.. maybe then I might stand chance with her.. is that how it was? .. (she almost left herself out of breath from yelling so quickly)
JAY: Woah.. Amber .. slow down.. What are you talking about?.. (he asks standing up from his bed)
AMBER: Don't lie to me.. And don't you dare play innocent.. You knew that deleted had numerous meanings and that DEATH wasn't one of them... How could you do this to me?
JAY: Amber I..
AMBER: Don't say a word Jay.. You don't need to.. some things speak for themselves.............I'm starting to realise now.. why you didn't seem to mind that Ram was out of the way...... Your selfish and conceited..... You make me SICK!
__________________________________________________________________

-End Of Episode 8-

No comments:

Post a Comment