Please enable JavaScript to access this page.

The Tribe - Season 6 - Episode 3 ... (Fiction)

-Episode 3-

(As morning rises the sleepy mallrats gather at the top of the boat.. it's still a little windy and it's not long before they realise someone is missing)

TRUDY: Where's the food?
AMBER: No.. No.. Where's Connor?
(Lex, Ram, Ebony and Slade glance over at each other smiling)
LOTTIE & SAMMY: (Whining).. Who care's? .. We're hungry
AMBER: I care
LEX: (Trying not to laugh).. He had to take a COLD..bath
EBONY: (Also trying  not to laugh, she puts her hand on Lex's shoulder).. Really? .. Because I heard he went for a swim..
(Amber notices that there is something funny going on.. she crosses her arms)
AMBER: Where is he?
RAM: We told you he went for a splash
AMBER: (Shaking her head) .. Okay.. Can someone who isn't speaking in riddles.. please tell me what happened? ... Slade? ... (She asks glancing over at him)
SLADE: Well those three WERE pretty close to telling you the truth...  We threw him overboard..
AMBER: (Re-acting quickly to what had been said).. WHAT?
LEX: Listen.. he almost attacked Ebony last night
EBONY: ALMOST! .. But he got a shock when I kicked him
SLADE:  I just hope he never want's kids anytime in the near future.. I think he'll be pretty useless now.... (he laughs)
AMBER: Oh this is just great.. (she rants furiously).. now how are we going to get anywhere? .. He's the only one with the right knowledge of how to drive this thing
LEX: Oh chill out.. how hard can it be? ...... (sighs).. I'll do it.
(Lex turns around and comes face to face with Jay as he whispers to him)
LEX: Amber's stress levels are pretty high this morning.. looks like someone isn't satisfying his woman properly.. (he teases)
JAY: Leave it Lex
AMBER: Lex, start the boat and lets get moving.. the sooner the better.. I don't know how much longer I can stand being cramped on this thing
DARYL: Tell me about it.. sleeping on hard wood floors hasn't done any good for my back
MAY: (Stepping forward).. I don't know why everyone's complaining.. At least we had somewhere dry to spend the night.. and at least we're all together
(Amber storms back down to the lower deck to attend to her baby)
ELLIE: All together May? .. Don't talk stupid.... We're not the Mallrats anymore.... (she looks around).. look at us.. this isn't even HALF the tribe..
LEX: We're still the mallrats.. We just don't have a mall to live in anymore
ELLIE: Or half our friends.... (she replies sadly)
(Ellie seems to slip into a world of her own.. remembering the good old days.. the times they were all together in the mall.. but her daydream is interrupted when she hears Jack's voice)
JACK: Ellie? .. Are you okay?
(Ellie looks up and just manages a half smile)
JACK: What's on your mind?
ELLIE: (Shakes her head).. Nothing.. Just remembering
JACK: Hey, we'll be okay.. I promise
ELLIE: But will the others?
(Jack has no answer to that... he remains quiet)
ELLIE: When we get off the boat.. I want to do something for our missing friends
JACK: (Taking Ellie's hand).. What's that? ..
ELLIE: A bit like Taisan would have.. but different.. I have some old photos of everyone... and I want to have a sort of memory ceremony.. for Alice, Bray, Taisan, Patsy, Ryan, Cloe, KC, Danni.. all of them who went missing without a trace..
JACK: (Understanding.. he nods and smiles).. Okay
ELLIE: I think it'd really help me... And Amber and Lex.. (she smiles)
..........................................................................................

(Meanwhile back on the Island ... Ved, Bray and Zoe were preparing to continue their walk in hopes of getting back to the city)

VED: I hate to be a buzz kill.. but you know we won't reach the city before nightfall.. we're still miles away
BRAY:(placing his bag on the dirt)..  No.. but by nightfall we'll be closer to it than we are now..
VED: We're no match for the techno's.. there's only three of us... besides they have more equipment than us.. I've seen it
ZOE: Okay Ved.. what's bugging you?... You we're all up for it yesterday.. and now.. you've lost your will to fight
VED: No I haven't...  I just think if we're gonna do it.. we need to be careful
BRAY: Ved.. we can handle them.. We just stay out of sight..... And failing that.. then we just send Zoe in.. Looking at her face will send them into shock you won't even have to use your wrist laser... Don't worry about it
(Zoe takes note of Bray's face.. He's not smiling.. She think's he's being serious..  feeling hurt she throws her back pack to the ground.. and quickly walks off)
BRAY: Zoe... (Running after her)
VED: Don't worry about me... I'll just sit here .. ALONE
(Ved calls after them in a sarcastic tone..)
BRAY: Zoe.. I didn't mean it seriously... it was a joke
ZOE: (Turning to face Bray.. she points straight at him).. You said it... And Bray you know I've never been the most confident person..
BRAY: Zo, I'm your brother.. Brothers are supposed to be a pain.. we joke and fool around.. and we tease our younger siblings.. Your just not used to it because we haven't been together as a family since the virus....Guys never grow up.. and I'll always be your pain in the backside brother..  (Pauses).. Look... I love winding you up.. but I'd never hurt you... at least not intentionally... It was a joke.. don't take it to heart.
(Zoe hugs her brother tight and they both walk back to Ved)
VED: Family row sorted?..... can we get moving now?
ZOE: Oh.. so now you wanna get going? .. When it suits you?
VED: .. Yeah well.. family arguments... (shakes his head)...  not really my thing

(Bray, Ved and Zoe.. set off up the hill of the forest.. the forest is surrounded by tall trees and has loads of muddy paths leading in all different directions.... Bray, Ved and Zoe stick together.. they know that if they get split up in a forest this big and maze like .. that the chances of finding each other again are pretty slim...)
_________________________________________________________________

-End Of Episode 3-

No comments:

Post a Comment